How to use these resources
What are the resources for?
These resources offer information and guidance about how to design and implement telehealth for:
- Health service managers
- Telehealth champions and co-ordinators
- Clinicians and other health service staff
- Local decision-makers.
The resources can help you to:
- understand what telehealth is and how it can be delivered in practice
- identify key factors that help to overcome known barriers to success
- design appropriate staff training
- map key stakeholders and identify potential goals for telehealth
- design a telehealth service to meet your needs and the needs of potential users.
How were the resources developed?
The resources were developed as part of the MALT study, to help show what the barriers to telehealth adoption are and how to overcome them.
This work does not endorse telehealth or make claims about evidence of benefit.
The resources draw upon:
- Findings from the MALT study about what helps to improve acceptance and adoption of telehealth for community nursing
- Findings from in-depth case studies of four health localities who already use telehealth
- Quotes from community nurses, managers and other frontline staff who took part in the MALT study
- Knowledge about telehealth implementation from other published studies.